Chiropractic care is the primary care profession for spinal health and overall well-being. Chiropractic is a natural method of healthcare that uses evidence based methods to help patients suffering from back and neck pain as well as headaches and other conditions. Chiropractic care has also been helpful to increase vitality and promote well-being. It is the largest drug-free and non-invasive form of health care in the United States. Chiropractic Physicians are trained to diagnose and treat many conditions. Chiropractors have the authority to order and interpret blood and urine laboratory tests and radiographic studies such as XRay, CT, MRI.
Interesting numbers about Back Pain:
• Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain
• Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010
• Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed worked. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctors office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
• Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic - meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture, or cancer.
• 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
• 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.